You can buy fused silica quartz wafer from PAM-XIAMEN. It is usually made by smelting, cutting and grinding quartz, and the silica content of fused quartz wafer can reach more than 99.99%. The quartz hardness is seven on the Mohs scale, and it has the characteristics of high temperature resistance, low thermal expansion coefficient, thermal shock resistance and good electrical insulation performance. Usually quartz is colorless and transparent, the visible light transmittance is above 85%. Fused silica wafer has become one of the most popular glass substrates due to its low cost, high transmittance, high mechanical and thermal strength. More details about quartz glass wafer, please see table below.
1. JGS1, JGS2 and JGS3 Fused Silica Quartz Glass Wafer Inventory Sheet
Please let us know if you have a custom spec you would like us to quote.
The strain point for fused silica is at 983 degree.
The transmission spectrum of UV fused silica is shown as figure:
Transmission Spectrum of UV Grade Fused Silica Substrate
2. Fused Silica Quartz Wafer Properties
2.1 Optical Performance of Thin Quartz Wafers
The optical performance of the silica quartz wafer is unique. It can not only transmit far ultraviolet rays, which is the best among all ultraviolet transmittance materials, but also transmit visible light and near-infrared spectrum. Due to the high temperature resistance of quartz glass wafer, the coefficient of thermal expansion is extremely small, and the chemical stability is good. Bubbles, streaks, uniformity, and birefringence are comparable to ordinary optical glass. Therefore, it is an indispensable optical material with high stable optical coefficients in various harsh environments.
2.2 Physical and Chemical Properties of Fused Silica Quartz Wafer
Fused silica wafer is a special industrial technical glass made of silica, which is a very good basic material. Fused silica quartz wafers have a series of excellent physical and chemical properties:
- High temperature resistance. The softening point temperature of quartz glass is about 1730°C, and it can be used for a long time at 1100°C, and the maximum use temperature can reach 1450°C in a short time.
- Corrosion resistance. Except for hydrofluoric acid, fused silica quartz wafer hardly reacts with other acids. Its acid resistance is 30 times that of ceramics and 150 times that of stainless steel. Especially for the chemical stability at high temperatures, it is far beyond any other engineering materials.
- Good thermal stability. The thermal expansion coefficient of the fused silica wafers is extremely small, and thin quartz wafers can withstand severe temperature changes. When the quartz glass is heated to about 1100 ℃, it will not burst when placed in water at room temperature.
- Good light transmission performance. Fused quartz wafers have good light transmittance in the entire spectrum from ultraviolet to infrared, and the visible light transmittance is above 93%. Especially in the ultraviolet spectral region, the maximum transmittance can reach above 80%.
3. Fused Silica Quartz Wafer Application
The formation of fused silica quartz substrate is the result of the high viscosity of its melt at high temperature. The fused silica quartz wafer is used in the production of semiconductors, electric light sources, semi-conducting communication devices, lasers, optical instruments, laboratory instruments, electrical equipment, medical equipment and high temperature and corrosion resistant chemical instruments, chemical industry, electronics, metallurgy, building materials, national defense and other industries.